We love our customers here at Edgar’s Bath Goods, therefore we will continually stress the importance of relaxation. In this article we want to discuss both the benefits of relaxing and the adverse effects of compounding stress.
Relaxation is important to achieve optimal performance and health. When you’re relaxed during your activities, your productivity increases. When you’re stressed, everything you do will be a struggle. According to PositivePsychology.com, relaxation provides mind-body integration necessary for peak performance.
We must find time to relax throughout the day. The University of Buffalo School of Social Work recommends twenty minutes of relaxation, two or three times a day. When time is short there are a number of things you can do: reading, writing, daydreaming or just sitting quietly. Whatever you do to relax will be personal, so find what works best for you.
Here are some benefits of relaxation:
- It improves your ability to concentrate and tune out distractions, giving you better sensory awareness.
- It improves body awareness; you need to know when you are overdoing it.
- It speeds up healing time following an injury.
- It enhances learning. New thoughts and ideas are introduced easily when your mind is clear and you are relaxed.
- It helps you sleep better.
- It increases efficiency.
- It puts your focus back on the present and gives you a sense of control.
- It increases energy.
In contrast, If you don’t take the time to unwind and relax regularly, you are putting your physical and mental health at risk. Some of the effects of lack of relaxation include:
- Tension headaches and migraines.
- Chronic fatigue, complete lack of energy and motivation.
- High blood pressure and heart disease, leading to heart attack.
- Gastrointestinal problems.
- Poor immune system, becoming susceptible to illness.
Relaxation is vital for a healthy mind and body. Even when there are huge demands on your life, it is still necessary to find your own time and space to relax.
Finally, we will always recommend taking a soothing bath with one of our luxurious bath bombs. Choose from eight different scents to help ease stress and improve your overall welfare. Here’s to your well-being!